Retreats, and Seminars
Client: Lazard Technology Partners
Lazard Technology Partners (LTP), a mid-Atlantic venture capital
firm holds an annual summit in which it brings together the leaders
of each of its portfolio companies to share ideas, challenges
and successes and to further educate them as to how to make their
businesses successful. In so doing, LTP offers the participants
a series of presentations from experts in various areas impacting
the growth prospects of the participants businesses.
- LTP believed that although each of its portfolio company CEO
had previously raised outside capital to support their company's
growth, these CEOs needed further guidance in order to continue
to be successful in securing future growth capital as their
- LTP asked Lighthouse to gather together materials in the marketplace
that could be helpful to CEOs and then to present the findings
to the group. The challenge was that no such materials existed
that were either complete or targeted at the needs of entrepreneurs.
- In the absence of appropriate material, Lighthouse had the
idea but also the challenge of creating its own Entrepreneur's
Guide to Raising Private Equity for this forum.
· Lighthouse faced the additional challenge of convincing
headstrong entrepreneurs in an up market (with a high availability
of capital - read: the internet bubble), who had just raised
money that they had more to learn about raising capital.
Lighthouse created its own unique Guide for entrepreneurs seeking
to raise venture funding. The Entrepreneur's Guide to Raising
Private Equity was Unique in several ways:
- Lighthouse where none had formally existed
- offering the audience a unique insight to both the seller
(entrepreneur) and the buyer (investor).
- Lighthouse so that busy entrepreneurs would both
get through it and have a visual memory of its lessons.
as appendices to offer greater depth to those who wanted it
and to bring the lessons to life.
- Lighthouse went further to in which Lighthouse indeed
presented its own guide but then asked both a successful entrepreneur
and an investor to tell their own sides to the story. This "reality
check" on the advice provided by Lighthouse gave the entrepreneurial
audience the objectivity and proof of concept they needed to
buy into the Guide.
· The Guide and the presentation received very favorable
reviews when presented at the LTP summit.
· The presentation was then recommended for use at numerous
industry symposiums and conferences after the summit.
· The Guide is in widespread use today by both entrepreneurs
and the organizations that serve them.
Presentations, Retreats, & Seminars...